Three-stone engagement rings aren’t just a fine piece of jewelry. When you propose to your beloved with this ring, you enter into a legacy of love skillfully woven into the delicate tapestry of legendary symbolism.
Stunning yet simple, three-stone engagement rings come with a whisper of timelessness and a wonder of starting a new phase of life.
Also known as trinity rings or trilogy rings, three-stone rings pave the way for you to imbue more than one emotion for your better half, with each stone standing for something that matters. Crowd favorites, three-stone engagement rings are three times the love and three times the sparkle!
Let’s dive in and learn more about a three-stone ring that lets you flip the page and enter a new chapter in the odyssey of love.
The History of Three-Stone Engagement Rings
Up until the 1930s, diamonds were not all the rage. It was all thanks to a clever ad campaign by De Beers Consolidated Mines Ltd. (now De Beers) that made diamonds a must for engagement rings. There couldn’t be a proposal without one!
The saga began with one stone, the classic solitaire, which soon evolved into two and three-stone diamond engagement rings. First designed with “traditional graduation,” which meant the diamond in the center was more significant than the ones on the side, the rings evolved with the times.
With the number three being considered a perfect one (thanks, Pythagoras!) and a spiritual number, the significance of these rings skyrocketed.
The Subtle Symbolism of Three-Stone Engagement Rings
The three-stone round engagement ring stands for many things. Most importantly, it represents a couple’s past, present, and future amalgamating into a timeless love story.
These trinity or trilogy rings also symbolize the different phases in a relationship — friendship, love, and fidelity. Furthermore, for the spiritual, the three-stone diamond engagement ring possesses the power of the Holy Trinity. Today, for many head-over-heels in love, the three-stone engagement rings stand for the three vows they make that are the closest to their hearts. And for the others, they are simply the most stylish engagement ring types that are easy to love.
5 Tips to Keep in Mind While Buying Three-Stone Engagement Rings
If three-stone diamond engagement rings have caught your eye to propose with, these tips will help you get started with your hunt for the perfect band:
- Always buy a ring from a trusted brand, like La Joya. It’ll come with a certificate of authenticity and a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Take your time to look through different styles available for three-stone engagement rings. Ask your loved one’s best friends and family for help to get the perfect piece. It’s okay not to know.
- Before you start browsing, set a budget. It is easy to get carried away once captivated by the allure of three-stone engagement rings.
- It is a great idea to buy rings studded with lab-grown diamonds rather than natural diamonds. This way, you create a better future for future generations by making a conflict-free, earth-friendly choice.
- Know the basics like cut quality, carat weight, diamond colors, shapes, metal options, etc. Keep looking for a ring until you find the one that speaks to you. Be patient!
Trending Three-Stone Engagement Ring Designs That Inspire Awe
Here are some of the most stunning, trending, and skillfully crafted three-stone diamond engagement ring masterpieces. A mix of classic, contemporary, and different diamond cuts, these three rings are some of the best you will find:
A ring that invites appreciation at every glance, Abby stuns with sparkling pave set diamonds that enhance its shank. Classic with a royal aura, the ring sports a princess cut crafted in yellow or white gold.
Take your pick from 10K and 14K metal purity and carat weights ranging from 1.5 to 3 CT. Whether you choose a gold three-stone engagement ring or a silver one, it’ll reflect your unique journey together and exude timeless elegance.
Dorie is an eye-catching engagement ring that reflects the depth of your bond quite wonderfully. With a stunning pear-cut diamond gracing the center, it is flanked by two round diamonds, enhancing its charm.
You can also customize the cut of the diamond and choose from pear, emerald, round brilliant, princess, oval, and round brilliant. Pick what suits your budget from different carat weights and metal purity options, and get ready to impress with this flawless masterpiece.
Osha is a glimmering, radiant wonder you can never go wrong with. With all three stones crafted in a round brilliant cut with a larger center, Osha is a contemporary interpretation of the classic three-stone ring.
Bedecked in sparkling diamonds in a gorgeous channel set shank, it will surely make your proposal shimmer forever, creating a precious memory. It is available in options of white and yellow gold and different carat weights.
You can explore the complete bespoke three-stone engagement ring collection here.
Three Stones, One Love
Buying an engagement ring requires a little bit of love and a lot of wisdom. As you bring the love, we’ll get the wisdom through our lab-grown diamonds three-stone engagement rings.
We also offer a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects. When you purchase over USD 400, we provide a three-year complimentary care plan to keep your rings sparkling and perfect. Don’t forget to check out the complete scintillating collection here.
We promise it will make your eyes wide and jaws drop! Unveil your love story with our dazzling three-stone engagement rings.
FAQs About Three-Stone Engagement Ring
1. Can three-stone engagement rings be worn by men?
A three-stone diamond engagement ring can be worn by men and women both; they bear the same meaning for all genders. The style and band can be customized to suit their personalities.
For example, a signet ring with three stones paired with a platinum or gold band could do wonders for men.
2. Can you use other gemstones or metals in the three-stone engagement rings?
Using lab-grown diamonds or other gemstones in the three-stone diamond engagement rings is a personal preference. You can make an aesthetic choice and choose a rock that appeals to you the most, despite diamonds being the most popular stones.
3. How to care for three-stone engagement rings?
Regular maintenance that won’t take much time would go a long way in caring for engagement rings three stone. You can soak the rings in diluted mild dish soap for a few minutes and wipe the rings with a soft cloth.
Every year, you can get a professional cleaning service to maintain the sparkle of your rings. Remember to remove the ring before playing sports, at the gym, while applying makeup, or washing your hands.
4. What does a three-stone round engagement ring stand for?
Three-stone engagement rings could have different meanings for everyone.
For some, it could stand for the Holy Trinity, while for others, it could be a point where the past, present and future meet. Each stone in the engagement ring could also represent a vow or promise you made to your betrothed.
5. Why should you choose a three-stone diamond engagement ring?
There are many advantages to choosing a three-stone ring. Here are a few:
- It is timeless and would never go out of vogue. That’s important, as engagement rings are forever.
- They come in multiple styles and look elegant on everyone.
- The three stones with a lower carat weight give a complete look and are easier on the pocket than a single diamond with a higher carat weight. It is the biggest bang for your buck.
- When it comes to customization, the sky is the limit. You can choose the metal, band style, ring setting, and color.